Cortana is the world’s first personal intelligent assistant Microsoft released. It is “to learn the user’s preferences and habits,” “help users to schedule, and other questions answered.”
Ask Cortana to make an appointment, send an email, open an app, or help you find what you’re looking for. And it’s not only about productivity, Cortana’s always up for a little chit chat. Ask Cortana whatever comes to mind, her answers might surprise you.
• Set and get location and time reminders across your PC and phone.
• Get notified and send a quick text reply from your PC if you miss a call on your phone*.
• Track packages, flights, scores, stocks, and other important info across your PC and phone.
• Use Cortana’s Notebook to view, edit and manage your interests.
• Get information and answers to all kinds of questions. If you’re looking for it, Cortana can help find it.
• Have a little fun in your down time — ask anything, get jokes, and much more.
Providing competition for Google´s voice-activate search and iOS´s hit-or-miss Siri, Cortana, Master Chief´s beloved and popular AI assistant wants to be your new personal assistant, whether you´re on an iOS device or on Android. Just open up the app and you can pull up or add appointments or things to do to your personal schedule along with whatever interests you, and add reminders. Like Siri, you can ask Cortana questions and see what she´ll respond. You can also track packages, flights, the latest sports scores and much more.
Cortana is surprisingly easy to set-up and to start using right away. If you´re on Windows 10, Cortana will also sync right to your PC, a useful feature.