A good dictionary, online and offline queries, very high accuracy, download it quickly.
This isn’t just a dictionary in which you input a word and it brings you back a definition. Of course, it includes that feature taking definitions from multiple dictionaries (medical, legal, financial…) and Encyclopedias and Thesaurus. (up to 13 languages). You can jump to definition, translation or Thesaurus with one button. However, it also includes some other interesting features.
For example, you can listen to word’s pronunciation. It includes an extensive offline dictionary which means you’ll be able to search words even without an Internet connection. You can create bookmarks of your favorites words, share dictionary pages through Facebook, Twitter, E-mail or any other sharing resources installed on your mobile device.
Here’s what makes The Free Dictionary the easiest dictionary app to use:
* Define any word in any app. Just highlight the word and “share” with The Free Dictionary app.
* Voice search. Look up any word just by saying it.
* Look up any word on the page. Just highlight it and tap the search icon.
* Save unlimited bookmarks and sync them to any device.
* Customize your homepage: Move, add, or remove articles, games, even local weather.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Adjust font size.
* Share your favorite words via social networks, email, or text.
* Advanced searches.
* Earn meals for hungry children through The Free Dictionary’s partnership with the World Food Program—just by using the app!
This is not a trial version—you get everything free and forever. Additional offline dictionaries in other languages are available in the Pro version.
Sound too good to be true?
Read real reviews to see why our users say The Free Dictionary is the best dictionary app they’ve ever used.