EBookDroid supports the following ebook and document formats: DjVU, PDF, XPS (OpenXPS), FictionBook (fb2 and fb2.zip), Comics Book formats (cbr and cbz), plus – starting with version 2 – EPUB, RTF, MOBI and AWZ3.
EBookDroid provides flexible font mapping for PDF documents:
– If an external font is found in the same folder with document, this font will be applied.
– Also, user can define a list of directories (/sdcard/fonts by default) where external fonts can be found.
– If an external font in a PDF document has the same family name as one of the font found in these directories, the found font will be applied.
– Otherwise, the appropriate NimbusL font will be used.
EbookDroid uses MIME types to handle different file types. Unfortunately, Android’s and many other file managers might not support all MIME types. When this happens, you will not be able to open said files directly from the file manager. Some file managers allow you to add new MIME types and associate them with the corresponding file extensions. Refer to your file manager manual to get further instructions on how to do that. All MIME types supported by EBookDroid can be found in the Wiki section of the developer’s website.
EBookDroid 2.0 provides the following extra tools:
– Text selection and external dictionary support.
– Text highlighting
– Free-hand annotations.
– Text notes and page notebooks.