Jauary 2017: After one free scan you are required to purchase a subscription.Abby is a good OCR but this app should not be advertised as free. July 6th, 2017 UPDATE: I reinstalled the app and I stand by my comment that it must not be advertised as “free document scanner” because the publisher misleads you and “free” only means “free to download”. When you select the “recognize” option the app goes to the “purchase” offer and does not recognize texts for free. I am just asking the Company to be clear about this. It’s a waste of your time to download the app thinking you will get any free OCR. Fortunately there are many other TRUE free OCR apps to chose. Those who want to pay for OCR are “free” to use Abbyy’s app. Here we provide FineScanner – Free PDF Document Scanner App + OCR V 1.9.364 for Android 4.0.3++ ABBYY FineScanner is your free pocket scanner for any type of documents from the OCR market leader. Forget about the desktop scanner forever. FineScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful all-purpose mobile scanner to create electronic copies in PDF and JPEG. It applies advanced optical character recognition technology to recognize text from scans for further editing and sharing in 12 most useful formats, including Word, doc, docx, Excel,xls, xlsx, exel and pdf (Premium account and Internet required, up to 100 pages per document).
We can describe FineScanner as photo scanner and receipt scanner and slide scanner, business card scanner and book scanner at the same time. It's absolutely necessary scan tool to scan paper documents, agreements, receipts, magazine articles, notes, recipes, pictures, charts, tables, slides, books, whiteboards or even billboards on the street and get perfect digital copies.
***** Ranked #1 Business application in 98 countries *****
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the ‘Document Capture' category at the Mobile Star Awards *****
With ABBYY FineScanner you can:
• Get digital copies of any printed or hand-written papers and save scans to JPEG images or cross-platform PDF documents.
• Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic, and CJK Chinese, Japanese, Koreanalphabets) and choose from 12 output formats (docx, xls, pdf, txt, and more), preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables, and headers (Premium account and Internet required).
• Create, edit, and enhance separate images or large multi-page documents (up to 100 pages per document) effortlessly.
• Get excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• Save scans inside the app with different tags and search capabilities.
• Share and export results anywhere – send by e-mail, messengers or save in your favorite cloud storages – Google Drive, Box, Evernote, Dropbox, Yandex.Disk and more.
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription includes:
• Image-to-text recognition (OCR)
• No ads
Learn more about our mobile products on our blog: mobileblog.abbyy.com/en
Share your impressions on our social media pages:
• Twitter: @ABBYY_Mobile
Leave a review, if FineScanner makes your life easier. Contact us, if you have any recommendations. We value your opinion!
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
It's so far the best scanning and OCR app I have come across. I paid for it within minutes. The only problem is when I try to extract text from an image, it's take very long time. It is either showing the uploading icon for a long time or