Excellent interface for gameplay, and blessedly free of ads, this is a great program. Only reason for the 4-star review instead of 5 is a lack of analysis features. In particular the AI tends to resign pretty early once it starts losing, but I’d often like to see roughly what the AI thinks the score difference would have been, which groups it thought were probably alive, or at least to disallow the resignation to force it to play through some more interesting cases, but there’s nothing like that. The game just ends and it’s over. Here we provide GOdroid V 1.3.9 for Android 1.6++ Strategic board game.
Play the ancient game Go (Weiqi, Igo, Baduk) against your computer.
User interface for GNU Go (v3.8 included).
GNU Go is an AI engine that plays Go at about 8 to 12 kyu strength.
– play against human or computer opponent
– choose from one of ten AI strengths
– different board sizes
– adjustable handicap and Komi
– Japanese and Chinese scoring rules
– one-touch board zoom
– support of move variations
– unlimited undo/redo of moves
– highlighting of last three moves
– visualization of opponents final territory
– auto save/load current game
– save/load games (sgf format)
– share current game (eg. via email attachment, google Drive, Bluetooth)
– open external .sgf files with 3rd party apps (eg. from email attachment, file manager/SD card, Internet browser)
– (English) description of game rules can be found in 'Menu -> Info -> Game rules'
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
A decent game of Go for mobile. AI is pretty good, about 9kyu level I think. Although at the highest AI difficulty settings, it can took quite a while to calculate the next move.