It does a lot of things better than the Google app Uh I know I’m in Play Store writing this but ya do want me to be honest right? It gives directions and everything in one fell swoop and would get a 5 if you could access it from any page like the Google app with voice commands. With it doing everything else it just needs that one thing.
HOUND Voice Search & Assistant V 1.4.8 for Android 4.1+ Hound is the best way to search using your voice.
Hound is different:
• Extremely fast responses
• You speak naturally, no need to learn special keyword phrases
• Follow-up to filter, sort, or add more information to your query so you can be specific
The fastest and easiest way to get the information, entertainment, and communication services you want, Hound is built for your busy life, allowing you to get what you need and move on.
You can use it hands-free by saying, "Ok Hound…”
• Weather + Temperature
– “What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
– “How about the temperature in Hawaii during August?”
• Local Search + Yelp Restaurants
– Ask for restaurants, fast food places, coffee shops, stores, and be as specific as you’d like
– You can even exclude places or grub that you don’t want, such as food types
– “Show Restaurants within 10 miles except for Chinese”
• Navigation (GPS) + Directions
– Ask for a destination and to navigate there seamlessly
– Get the best directions taking traffic into consideration
– “Show me directions to the nearest Starbucks”
• Hotel Search + Expedia booking
– Be specific on travel options
– “Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
– Get fare estimates incl. surge pricing & journey time for your trip
– Speak your destination and book your Uber, all hands-free
• Make phone calls and send text messages – handsfree personal assistant
• Web search – say what you’re looking for instead of typing
• Calculator – easily make quick calculations through voice commands
“What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
• Converter – instant access to unit conversion for temperature, metrics, mass, volume, etc.
“What is 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Celsius?”
• Alarm and timer – set multiple alarms and timers at once
"Set a timer for 10 minutes and 20 minutes"
"Set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
"Set an alarm for 6am and 7am every weekday"
• And more: Video search, News search, Photo & Image search, Stock Prices, Flight status, Date and Time, Alarm and Timer, Music search including "SoundHound Now" feature – activate a music recognition search or a Sing or Hum search, Mortgage Calculator, Tip Calculator, Currency Converter, Unit Converter, Word and phrase translation, Wikipedia, Dictionary, Play interactive games…and more coming soon!
Partners include: Accuweather, Bing Search, Expedia, Uber, Yelp & more
**** Praise for Hound ****
“Hound takes voice search to the next level.” – Wall Street Journal
“SoundHound Inc. just developed a crazy-powerful personal assistant.” – WIRED
“SoundHound Inc.’s new voice search app makes [other virtual assistants] look slow.” – The Verge
End User Agreement
It does a lot of things better than the Google app Uh I know I'm in Play Store writing this but ya do want me to be honest right? It gives directions and everything in one fell swoop and would get a 5 if you could access it from any page like the Google app with voice commands. With it doing everything else it just needs that one thing.