This action platformer is packed with traps and monsters, but it’s very easy to play thanks to the simple tap mechanic. The game’s old-school look is nothing new, sure, but the title does introduce a new level every single day, which routinely keeps you coming back for more.
• A brand new level you can finish every day!
• Set in a different location every day!
• Everyone will have exactly the same level every day!
• Different traps every day!
• Different monsters every day!
• Finish the day and get a gold trophy stamp on your calendar… every day! (As long as your good enough!)
• Did we get across there’s a ton of new stuff every day?
• Simple one touch gameplay in portrait orientation. A perfect platformer on the go!
• A colourful and stunning pixel art world. Retro nostalgia is a go!
• A real labour of love from the whole Nitrome team!
Since Super Mario Bros. for the NES the first game I ever played, I have a fond place for platformers in my eye. Building on the platformer genre with fast-paced gameplay and very simple tap controls, you’ll be having a blast guiding your unnamed protagonist in Leap Day for the Android and iOS through a series of levels that change every day. You’ll have to jump at the right time to stomp on enemies and avoid obstacles like spikes, picking up fruits and using them to save your progress at a checkpoint every so often.
Leap Day brings fast-paced gameplay that makes for great action. Since you do get a new, randomly generated level every day at 12 a.m.,that means you’ll be facing a tough but addicting challenge every day. Retro pixel art graphics definitely brings back a lot of nostalgia.