What I wanted, I got in this. Online game with friend in other city, history of old games, offline game, simple menu , chat box for easy communication, friend following. I like only standard chess. Other types of chess are unwanted but free so no problem. Few problem about sending challenge and that to offline person. But hope it will be fixed soon. Not a major problem. Great app!
lichess • Free Online Chess V 4.5.2 for Android 4.1+ Built for the love of chess, this app is open source and free for all.
– 150 000 individual users daily and growing fast.
– Play bullet, blitz, classical, and correspondence chess
– Play in arena tournaments
– Find, follow, challenge players
– See your games stats
– Practice with chess puzzles
– Many variants, available online and offline: Crazyhouse, Chess 960, King Of The Hill, Three-check, Antichess, Atomic chess, Horde, Racing Kings!
– Game analysis with local computer evaluation
– Server computer analysis with move annotations and game summary
– Opening explorer
– Endgame tablebase explorer
– Play against offline computer
– Over The Board mode to play offline with a friend
– Standalone chess clock with multiple time settings
– Board editor
– Available in 80 languages
– Designed for both phones and tablets, supporting landscape mode
– 100% free, without ads, and opensource!
Chess variants are supported, either in online and offline modes! Try them all:
– Crazyhouse: every time a piece is captured the capturing player gets a piece of the same type and of their color in their pocket.
– Chess960: pieces on the home rank are randomised.
– King Of The Hill: bring your king to the center to win.
– Threecheck: check the opponent king three times.
– Antichess: lose all your pieces to win.
– Atomic Chess: nuke the opponent.
– Horde: destroy the horde to win.
– Racing Kinkgs: race to the eighth rank to win.
Just like http://www.apkbot.com