The official Microsoft Translator app offers translation into various languages (though not nearly as many as competitor apps) and works well enough for text translation. Voice translation is another story.
• Have natural conversations in Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. More languages are coming soon!
• Use your smart watch and phone together to enable conversations without huddling around a single phone
• Translator conversation history is tagged with your location and reviewable in any participating language
Microsoft Translator helps you break the language barrier wherever you’re traveling or have a need to translate anything in your daily life. Quickly translate phrases on your Apple watch, or use the companion iPhone app when it’s more convenient.
• On your watch: Speak to your watch and get an instant translations in 50 languages
• Not sure how to pronounce the translation? Let Translator speak the phrase for you.
• Noisy environment? Just show someone your watch or phone. In addition, on the phone, large full-screen translation cards make it easy to show others what you’re trying to communicate
• Bookmark your translations for later use the translations you want to save and look-up recent translations
• All your translations are synchronized between your watch and your phone, settings too
• On the phone companion app, in addition to speech translations from your watch’s language, you can select other speech languages or you can type on your keyboard (really useful for noisy places!). You can also and copy & paste translation from and to other apps
The Microsoft Translator app is powered by cutting edge technology that’s also used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and many more.