This app offer an easy way to configure and use the well known OpenVPN.
There is not needed to have the root access, because the VPN tun device is handled with the VpnService API introduced with Android 4.0 (ICS).
Not affected by TLS heartbeat read overrun (CVE-2014-0160)
* Auto connect on boot
* App filter (Require Android >= 5.0)
* Import/export openvpn configuration
* Import pem, der, pkcs12 cetfificate formats
* Support for certificates in KeyChain
* IPv6 support
* Support for HTTP/SOCKS proxies
* Support for customized HTTP headers
* Backup/restore configuration
Some hints to test the app:
* To import a openvpn configuration file, copy the ovpn file on the device memory and put in the same folder any external certificates/keys files. Then start the app, tap on “+” button in bottom right corner and choose “Import VPN profile”. After the import, the files can be deleted.
* If something goes wrong, check the log. You can see the log by tapping on the vpn name, and so on the LOG tab.
* If the log has errors like “ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP” or “Tun device open exception: java.lang.NullPointerException”, please try to reboot the device.
* If you have the access on the server side, check the log also on this side.
* Maybe your configuration is not compatible with the last version of openvpn, so try to set the option “Use old stable OpenVPN 2.3.2” in the “Options” section.
* If you cannot resolve the troubles, please send me a e-mail to email@example.com, I will contact you at soon as possible and I will help you to solve the problem.
This app is a little pricy, but absolutely worth it. Makes Openvpn a breeze to configure, has fully funtional TAP support, and the dev is wonderful with providing support (even help setting up the openvpn config).