Firsthand, we should distinguish between at least two different kinds of photo-editors. There are professional photo editors, suited for pros who desperately need to shoot, make arrangements and upload them in a minute on the fly. Fortunately, the rest of us don’t need that, and we are more than happy with what we could call a non-serious photo-editor. This doesn’t mean we give up to options and settings, though.
◎ PICTURE SLIDESHOW MAKER and SHARE : Create and share your photo slideshow with a short link (HTML 5).
– Includes 15 arrangements of gorgeous background music for free in addition to the ability to use background sound track from your private music collection
– Supports 5 photo Slide show effects – Pan and Zoom, Photobook and fade etc – like a Powerpoint slide show
– Share your slideshows with a URL compatible with Facebook, Twitter, email or any SNS platform
– It is a great way to enjoy and share multiple pictures and photo collections
◎ Seamless PRE-ORGANIZE PHOTOS : pre-set Photography Theme™ automatically edits and groups your pictures and then save in a folder – Syn
– Organize (delete, copy and move) your photos in the folders with CameraAce’s photo organization tools
◎ ENHANCED PHOTO FILTERS / EFFECTS / FRAMES, COLLAGE and MOSAIC MAKER FEATURES
– 36+ photo filters including: 4 different ‘HDR’ vividness, vignette effects and Polaroid frames.
– Smart Photo Filters / Effects: the smart filters intelligently detect faces and apply effects in the perfect spots. – More than 130 premium picture filters and frames are provided as in app purchase. The camera lens icons are metaphors of various picture filters
– Picture Editor: Crop, rotate and flip photos for the proper orientation
– Mosaic maker (in-app purchase): create high quality mosaic photos and order prints via Kodak’s print service.
◎ SCRIBBLE, ANNOTATE OR DRAW ON YOUR PHOTOS WITH A SAMSUNG S-PEN OR FINGER
– Leave a date and caption on pictures
– Support various font styles
◎ PHOTO PRINT POWERED BY KODAK KIOSK
– Order photo prints from CameraAce and pick them up at your nearest CVS, TARGET or Bartell store (Currently available in the U.S. only) – powered by Kodak
– Order photos you like first, and pay at the stores when you pick them up
CameraAce clearly falls in this latter group. It’s a photo-editor for amateur mobileographers, but has tons of stuff from filters to frames and captions, everything well wrapped in a fast and smooth user interface ready to be used any time. There’s a special attention for temperature filters, mainly because indoor light is the nemesis of mobile photography. In addition, there are some preset packs, let’s call them “scenes” with tie-in filters already applied.