Firsthand, we should distinguish between at least two different kinds of photo-editors. There are professional photo editors, suited for pros who desperately need to shoot, make arrangements and upload them in a minute on the fly. Fortunately, the rest of us don’t need that, and we are more than happy with what we could call a non-serious photo-editor. This doesn’t mean we give up to options and settings, though.
◎ PICTURE SLIDESHOW MAKER and SHARE : Create and share your photo slideshow with a short link (HTML 5).
– Includes 15 arrangements of gorgeous background music for free in addition to the ability to use background sound track from your private music collection
– Supports 5 photo Slide show effects – Pan and Zoom, Photobook and fade etc – like a Powerpoint slide show
– Share your slideshows with a URL compatible with Facebook, Twitter, email or any SNS platform
– It is a great way to enjoy and share multiple pictures and photo collections
◎ Seamless PRE-ORGANIZE PHOTOS : pre-set Photography Theme™ automatically edits and groups your pictures and then save in a folder – Syn
– Organize (delete, copy and move) your photos in the folders with CameraAce’s photo organization tools
◎ ENHANCED PHOTO FILTERS / EFFECTS / FRAMES, COLLAGE and MOSAIC MAKER FEATURES
– 36+ photo filters including: 4 different ‘HDR’ vividness, vignette effects and Polaroid frames.
– Smart Photo Filters / Effects: the smart filters intelligently detect faces and apply effects in the perfect spots. – More than 130 premium picture filters and frames are provided as in app purchase. The camera lens icons are metaphors of various picture filters
– Picture Editor: Crop, rotate and flip photos for the proper orientation
– Mosaic maker (in-app purchase): create high quality mosaic photos and order prints via Kodak’s print service.
◎ SCRIBBLE, ANNOTATE OR DRAW ON YOUR PHOTOS WITH A SAMSUNG S-PEN OR FINGER
– Leave a date and caption on pictures
– Support various font styles
◎ PHOTO PRINT POWERED BY KODAK KIOSK
– Order photo prints from CameraAce and pick them up at your nearest CVS, TARGET or Bartell store (Currently available in the U.S. only) – powered by Kodak
– Order photos you like first, and pay at the stores when you pick them up
CameraAce clearly falls in this latter group. It’s a photo-editor for amateur mobileographers, but has tons of stuff from filters to frames and captions, everything well wrapped in a fast and smooth user interface ready to be used any time. There’s a special attention for temperature filters, mainly because indoor light is the nemesis of mobile photography. In addition, there are some preset packs, let’s call them “scenes” with tie-in filters already applied.
As if this wasn't enough, Camera Ace has one of the most comprehensive gallery browsers so far, making of it one of the most complete camera apps on market nowadays. Excellent.