Here we provide PlanetDroid V 4.10.2 for Android 2.2+ Astronomy ephemeris app for calculating high precision ephemeris and positions of Sun, Moon and the Planets for engaged amateur astronomers and planetary observers, prefering data and facts instead of pretty picture-apps. Planetdroid finds rise, culmination and set times, the beginning of seasons, lunar phases and planetary aspects.
Augmented reality (AR) view: See the positions of planets or comets live on a camera image and search your selected object with your phone!
Since version 3.0 Planetdroid comes with a visibility diagram. You see the elevation above the horizon of your selected body (white line) of the current nicht and the elevation of the sun (dark yellow line), as well as the twilight times. The horizontal black line ist the horizon, the vertical red line your selected time.
Since version 3.3 it is possible to save locations offline. The file containing the locations is sdcard/.com.strickling/location.txt. It can be edited with any test editor. To start the editor, simply click menu in the location selection form.
Download elements for asteroids and comets from the internet.
Supports GPS localization.
Calculates (select or deselect different items in the menu):
– time of rise, culmination, set,
– azimut of rise and set
– equatorial right ascension and declination
– ecliptical coordinates and distance
– azimut an elevation
– equation of time, true local time, sidereal time
– diameter, brightness, central meridian, position angle of the axis
– for comets and asteroids: motion velocity and direction
– Civil, nautical and astronomic twilight
– begin of the seasons, lunar phases, and lunar age
– times of opposition, conjunction and greates elongation for planets.
– time of perihelion for comets
On some devices without front camera Google Play Store will indicate, that Planetdroid is not compatible with your device. The front camera is needed for the augmented reality screen. If you like to install Planetdroid without using augmented reality, please install it from my website: http://www.apkbot.com