Unfortunately I had to move away from Plex as my main HTPC frontend, as playback of video content on mobile devices while remote started to fault. It worked great with early releases. Still use it as my main audio jukebox both at home and remote. Here we provide Plex V 18.104.22.16883 for Android 4.1++ • Stream all your personal media—photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV—to any device from your Plex media library
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US
• Organize and share all your media collections in a beautiful, simple interface, and Plex will add rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information
• View videos stored right on your mobile device or an SD card in Plex’s attractive interface
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: DVR & Live TV, Camera Upload, Premium Photos, Mobile Sync, Parental Controls, VIP Perks, and much more
Plex is a media streaming powerhouse for all of your content needs. Not only does it organize your video, music, and photo collections, giving you instant access on all of your devices, but Plex is also the last app you will ever need for personalized video news. AND, with our premium Plex Pass, you can record over-the-air television and watch anywhere with a supported digital antenna and tuner. Using the free Plex Media Server software on your computer, NAS, or favorite cloud drive (Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox), plus the Plex app, you can enjoy all of your media–even that DVR-ed content!–on all your devices.
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app through the Google Play store or you have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! Your previous purchase will be automatically detected.
BONUS FUNCTIONALITY: Fling photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on virtually any platform; unlimited streaming of any media on your Plex Media Server to other Plex apps; remote control Plex on your big screen using your mobile device. LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex library on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY: Remove the playback limitations on the app with a Plex Pass enabled account -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase for only app access.
FILES FROM ANYWHERE
• Play files saved to your phone or SD card (beta – video files only)
• Stream files from your computer running Windows, Mac, or Linux (requires free Plex Media Server app)
• Stream files from your NAS (requires free Plex Media Server app)
• (Plex Pass) Stream files from the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive)
To get the free Plex Media Server app for Windows, Mac, Linux, or NAS, visit
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
Not very useful as a pure remote. You have to connect to your remote device everytime before starting playback and while connected it uses a lot of energy. An option to auto connect to a default device would be nice. Sometimes going back while browsing resets your position in the list and you have ro scroll down again which is quite annoying.