Here we provide Reconnect Garmin watch V 1.44 for Android 4.4++ GCMRunner runs in the background and keeps the connection to Garmin Connect alive. On some phones Garmin Connect either loses connection or takes very long to reconnect. GCMRunner ensures that you can synchronize and keep getting notifications on the watch, and the battery usage is very low. The app also ensures that Garmin Connect is running in the background.
The app should work AT LEAST for Fenix 3, Fenix 3 HR, Vivoactive HR, ForeRunner 235.
When you run the app the first time, it will start Setup. Please follow the setup guide precisely. After setup, you can just close the app.
A) If the watch keeps showing NO CONNECTION:
First try to restart your watch and your phone. Then start Garmin Connect and SYNC one time. Sometimes this simple remedy works.
— Else try the following:
* Go into this app and press the "RE-PAIR" button
* If the phone is not used for 7-8 hours then turn the screen on.
— If that doesn't help:
* Garmin has recently updated their password policy, so your password needs to be "strong". In the Garmin Connect Mobile app, try to log out and then log in. If you cannot log in again, then you need to go to the Garmin Connect website and change your password to a "strong" one. Then go back to Garmin Connect and log in, and when it asks if you want to add a device press NO!
— Or —
B) If the watch shows it's CONNECTED but you don't get notifications:
* Open Garmin Connect and select Settings – Smart Notifications. Disable and enable one of the notifications, like Incoming Calls. This could make Connect ask for permissions. If it keeps asking even though you gave permission then restart the phone.
— If it doesn't ask for permissions:
* Go to your phone's Settings – Apps – Connect – Permissions and enable all permissions
C) If these above doesn't help and GCMRunner just shows "Contacting…" then try to Force Stop GCMRunner and then start it again (this should be rare).
if there is any problem please let us know. Write your problem in comment box below.
This is a good game but not too addictive, well worth trying.