Estmob Inc.’s Send Anywhere is a file transfer app that makes really easy to send over multimedia files, apps and directories across devices but, unlike other apps within its category, it doesn’t require sender and receiver to be connected to the same network. Let’s imagine you are on cellullar network and want to send a file to your friend’s desktop computer. Just select the files you want to share (photo, text, video, audio, contacs, apps and folders supported) and click the paper plane icon. A 6-digit code will be generated. Pass the code to your friend. She/he will need to go to https://send-anywhere.com/ (or open a browser, Mac or Windows client) and input the 6-digit code to receive the file(s). It’s that easy.
To best use Send Anywhere’s convenient file sharing service, we ask user’s permissions listed below
• Write External Storage : To store files that are received through Send Anywhere in external storage (SD Card).
• Read External Storage : To send files stored in external storage through Send Anywhere.
• Access Coarse Location : To find different devices running Send Anywhere are on the same network(This will make nearby sharing a lot easier, without using the six-digit key to send files).
• Get Accounts : To set default profile name when using Send Anywhere for the first time.
• Read Contacts : To send contacts stored in your phone.
• Camera : For being able to receive files via a QR Code.
Free file sharing with no limitations on file or device type, size, or amount.
The added-value features of Send Anywhere are the different type of files that can be shared (including apps!) and the chance to share them even while on different networks, anonymously. You can also poke push notifications to recently used devices. In addition, it has a good cross-platform support and a user-friendly interface that makes using it a snap.