I found this app out from Mr.WhosetheBoss and I had high hopes for this app but it didn’t let me send videos at full resolution from the Gallery of my S8 Plus to the my contacts in my SMS message app. It just prompted me with a message that said this unable to attach and file is unsupported. Here we provide SendAnyFile – No restrictions! V 1.1.1 for Android 4.4++ Features:
* THE ONLY APP that allows you to send files via Messenger!
* Send uncompressed full quality images!
* Send .zip, .rar, .avi and all types of videos.
* Easy file retrieval.
How to use:
'Attach icon' -> 'Documents' -> 'Browse more docs' -> (side menu) Select 'SendAnyFile'
* Choose 'SendAnyFile' form the file chooser window (like how documents are generally chosen). (Drag from left)
* Choose your favourite file. Boom!
* That file will be listed as a .doc file.
* Choose it & send. That's it.
Example – Messenger: Select your file in any file manager → Share/Send → 'SendAnyFile' → Choose app → Messenger
* From your favourite file manager, 'Share' your file to 'SendAnyFile'.
* It'll process your file.
* Later, you can send the processed file to any app.
* Set 'SendAnyFile' as your default app for opening .doc files. (you can later choose your favourite office app to open actual .doc files!)
* Open the received file ( .saf ) with this app.
* That's it. The original file will be saved in /sdcard/SendAnyFile/Received/
Download the .zip file → Extract it (using SendAnyFile or any app that can extract zip) → your file!
How does it work:
* It renames the file to .doc and smartly retrieves the original file at the receiving end.
* It doesn't affect actual .doc files. You can later choose your favourite office app to open actual .doc files!
* Your file is zipped (actual zip, NOT RENAMED) and intelligently sent to Messenger! (Note: Messenger doesn't actually support file sharing at all! 😛 )
As seen on:
Android Authority: http://www.apkbot.com
though the idea is good, it's not working well, hangs most of the time. IMO it needs a lot more work before it will get better ratings. In my context, when sending from WA, it will not allow me to access files on my mobile, instead going to Google Drive all the time.